I’ve seen a number of posts asking about blogging and time management, such as this post from The Truth About Mummy.
I’ve had a blog since 2008, and up until recently, blogged almost every day – or at least a post was published every day. (That blog is currently going through a facelift, so I’m holding off on new posts for a bit.)
I thought I’d share some tips on how I manage blogging with a busy life. Hopefully this will help some of the other Mum bloggers there.
- Schedule posts in advance – I write a post whenever I have inspiration and then schedule them. This post was written on Monday night, along with the post from yesterday!
- Have theme days – this isn’t something I’ve done here, but it worked well on my other blog, having Marketing Monday and Friday Five posts, this meant I knew what would be on those days and could then schedule them in advance, sometimes up to a couple of months in advance!
- Don’t force posts – if I couldn’t think of something to write, the best thing was to take a break. Another advantage of scheduling posts in advance, if I couldn’t think of something to write that day, I can always rearrange scheduled posts.
- Carry a notebook – there is nothing wrong with writing out a blog post ready to type up later, especially if inspiration hits at a time when you don’t have ready access to your blog.
- Blogging calendar – this is something that works well for some people. They have a calendar and plan their blog posts. I haven’t really done this on any of my blogs, but I know it does work for some.