I don’t enjoy cooking…
I have a confession… I don’t enjoy cooking. It’s not that I can’t cook, or that I’m no good at it, I just don’t enjoy it.
To be honest, I would love to have a personal chef to cook for us every night. I even buy pikelets to put in Mr Z’s lunchbox!
Every now and again, I will get the baking bug and bake some cupcakes, muffins, or similar. But this is rare. When the bug hits, I will bake a big batch and freeze them to use over a period of time. Even when baking, I’ll usually use a packet mix instead of baking from scratch.
I know there are some mother’s who love to cook, but I’m not one of them. And I’m OK with that.
I buy packet mixes and ready made food. I use the same recipe books to cook dinner. I don’t watch Masterchef and those other cooking shows on TV. It’s just not what I’m interested in.
So, there’s my confession for the day – I don’t enjoy cooking.
So tired today…
Last night, I got hardly any sleep. My brain was not going to quieten down and let me get some sleep.
Somewhere around midnight I finally gave up trying to sleep and put on a DVD to doze in front of. I must have gone to sleep at some point as I woke up around 4 and again at 8.
Because I’m so tired today, I’m taking it easy. I have a long list of things I needed to get done that is getting ignored. Instead I’m sitting on the couch, watching a movie and playing on Facebook. I’m even pinching my kids chips as I feel like eating something unhealthy. Just don’t tell them that!
This is part of my mission to get rid of the “Supermum” tag and look after myself. I’m trying to look after myself and just take it easy instead of pushing to get everything done. I’m going to have an early night tonight in the hope of a good nights sleep.
Time to simplify matters…
Life is getting busy and, to be honest, it’s all getting too much. I’ve been trying to be Supermum myself.
It’s time to take my own advice and start to simplify my life. It will happen, little by little, one tiny step at a time, however I’m going to do this.
There are something I know for sure, these include:
- I need a cleaner, and the sooner the better. I’ve been without one for nearly a year and that’s too long.
- I have jewellery all over a table in my bedroom and this needs to be organised… I have a basic system and it’s not working for me.
- We have too many toys. My boys have grown out of many of them and they are just taking up space. We need to get rid of them. The same with many of our picture books.
- I need to start taking better care of myself. This includes taking proper time out as well as working out how I can fit everything in so that it works for ME.
- I need to start exercising again. I haven’t done much lately and I really need to get back to it.
This is just a start, and things that I know that need changing. I’ll be taking baby steps. For tonight, I’m going to be browsing Pinterest for jewellery storage ideas – after all, my birthday is coming up… To keep up with what I’ve found, click here.